Job Title: Management Accountant
Reporting to: Director
Salary: AUD 110,000
Employment type: Permanent Full-time Position
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Dated: December 2022
No. of Positions 1
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a member of a fast-growing, results-driven organization, the correct candidate will play an integral function assuming responsibility for providing management accounting responsibilities. The role incumbent will support the Accario global group business performance and have overall accountability for preparing, developing and applying findings from financial reports. Combining both accounting and management skills, the Management Accountant will maintain financial policies and management information systems, alongside establishing effective communication channels to inform management on all aspects of company finance.
- Analysing quarterly, monthly & weekly Management Information Reports and financial statements for presentation to boards of directors, management, shareholders, and governing and statutory bodies
- Conducting financial investigations, preparing reports, undertaking audits and advising on matters such as the purchase and sale of businesses, mergers, capital financing, suspected fraud, insolvency and taxation
- Analyzing operating costs, income and expenditure and preparation of annual, quarterly & monthly budgets
- Providing assurance about the accuracy of information contained in financial reports and their compliance with statutory requirements
- Providing financial and taxation advice on business structures, plans and operations
- Coordinating with various stakeholders in formulating departmental/cost center budgets.
- Working with the management to develop high-quality business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives
- Overseeing & reporting to the directors about all operations and business activities to ensure that they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission.
- Familiarity with accounting systems, and advising on the selection and application of computer-based accounting systems
- Advising on financial planning and risk management and providing management reports to enable decision making.
- Project & Job costing management
- Managing tax compliance of key individuals and organisations of the group
- Maintaining internal control systems
- Active role in due diligence processes of acquisitions, mergers & takeovers relating to business expansion
- Preparation of analysis data and commercial due diligence data.
- Formal accounting qualifications (Bachelor’s degree);
- CPA or Similar accounting profession progress towards this qualification.
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant working experience.
- Comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of Tax and other regulatory compliance requirements of Australia
- High-level organisational skills, initiative, and drive.
- A positive, results-oriented approach.
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Computer Literacy: MS excel (especially Pivot Analysis etc), MS PowerPoint, XERO & QB.
- Due Diligence process and related experiences in mergers & acquisitions.
- Experience with global accounting standards applications
ADDITIONAL CRITERIA :
- Exceptional analytical and decision-making skills.
- Experience in Transfer Pricing practices
- Experience with corporate advisors/private equity investment analysis
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org